my favorite fall activities

Monday, October 17, 2011

originally posted here
[ all images via pinterest

1. Pumpkin patches!  There's something about a pumpkin patch that brings me back to my childhood.  I used to go to the local pumpkin patch every year with my mom, brother and cousin.  We would ride the little rides, pick out pumpkins and take silly pictures on the tractors and hay stacks.  One year, my brother and I were even on the local news in our costumes!  Nothing else really signifies that fall is here than a trip to the pumpkin patch.

2. Apple picking!  There's some great apple picking in Julian, which is only a short drive away from my house, perfect for a day or weekend getaway.  Being able to roam through the orchards and pick apples is so magical.  The smells, colors and scenery make for a great day.  Throw in a fresh baked apple pie from a local bakery and you've got yourself one incredible day. 

3. Corn mazes!  What's funnier than being lost in a corn maze with your friends?  I think that every time I go it takes me longer and longer to make it through the maze.  It's always fun to race your friends to see who can make it through first.  I always hate when I think I'm going the right way and when I turn a corner, BAM!, right into a wall of corn!

4. Bonfires!  Living by the beach, I'm blessed enough to be able to take in bonfires all year long.  I love the crackling of the wood, hot smores, and snuggling up next to the fire.  It doesn't get too cold here in so cal, a bonfire as the sun sets on the beach is a great way to welcome the cooler weather, especially since the tourists have gone home and the beach close to empty.

5. Oktoberfest!  One of my life dreams is to go to Germany's Oktoberfest, but until I can make my dream become a reality I will have to settle for the Oktoberfest celebrations here in cali.  Since I am pretty much obsessed with discovering new beers, Oktoberfest is the perfect place to do that.  Plus, it's fun to be emerged in the traditions of Oktoberfest - from the outfits and songs to food and personalized beer mugs.

6.  Hikes!  I love taking hikes in our local canyons during the fall because the weather is cooler so I'm not sweatin' up a storm the whole time.  I guess I shouldn't really call it a hike, because I'm stopping all the time to take in the sights.  My favorite thing is the changing leaves.  I love all the different colors that a single leaf takes on.  Nature is a beautiful thing.

7.  Wine tasting!  I think fall is the perfect time to go wine tasting.  Temecula is just a short drive away from me and they have tons of great wineries.  The fall weather makes it comfortable to enjoy your wine outside and walk the vineyards with friends.  It's the perfect "Sunday Funday" activity for me and my girlfriends.


What are some of your favorite fall activities?  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love wine tasting kelsey :) great post! and love the pics!

MK said...

I don't think that I could pick any one activity, I just love the cool and crisp air of the fall. Whipping out the Uggs and sweaters is a welcome change to the hot hot summer.

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)