tourist tuesdays: hilton head with caitlin!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

hi guys! i'm excited to have caitlin here today for tourist tuesdays - she's taking us to the beach! caitlin is such a sweet heart and i'm so happy she is here to share all about a very special vacation spot. i have never been to south carolina, but after reading all about hilton head, it definitely has wiggled it's way on to my "must travel" list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello fellow EDBT lovers! My name is Caitlin and usually you can find me at from newlywed to momma where I blog about my quick transition from being a newlywed to a new momma. Today, though, I'm here to tell you lovelies about one of my favorite places - Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. My extended family and I have been traveling to Hilton Head Island every year since I was 18 months old {I'm 24 now - you do the math!}. It has since become my favorite vacation spot filled with wonderful memories, great food, amazing scenery, and tons to do. My husband and I even said 'I do' there last June. 



Here are some tips and tricks my family and I have picked up along the way to make our time there even more enjoyable.

where to stay

An easy way to save money is to stay in a condo. 

The Island has 'plantations' which have hotels, condos, pools, and beach access {some even have shopping centers and restaurants}. The condos are privately owned and the families do an amazing job decorating and keeping them updated. All condos have either 2 or more rooms with 1 or more bathrooms, laundry rooms, and beautiful decks. The condo rentals run from Saturday to Saturday & when you get your keys and arrive at your home away from home it will be cleaned by a professional cleaning crew {they come every Saturday morning} complete with fresh linens. We've stay in Beachwalk, which is in the Shipyard plantation, every year and I couldn't love it anymore! Some of the websites we've used to rent condos at an extremely affordable rate are vacationrental.com and hhivacations.com


{one of the rooms inside our condo last year}

If condos aren't your thing and you'd rather stay in a hotel I'd recommend the Marriott Resort and Spa {which just happens to be where I got married last year}


sites to see & what to do

South Beach Marina - {which is located in the Sea Pines plantation} has any water activities you would want to try like jet skiing {just an FYI when you see a fin sticking out of the water do. not. yell. shark - it's just a dolphin & you will freak everyone out} para-sailing, and boat tours. While you're there make sure you check out the Salty Dog a shop with a cute legend behind it!


Coligny Plaza - is a must every time we go to Hilton Head. It's an outdoor shopping mall filled with amazing shops, restaurants, bars, and even a theater.

Bike Rentals - totally convenient for riding to and from the beach.

speaking of the beach, obviously, since it's an island it's surrounded by the ocean. I love spending the day relaxing on the beach - you can even rent chairs and umbrellas {that the hot lifeguards set up early in the morning, so by the time you head up to the beach to hang out for the day, you're all set!}


where to eat

Since we always stay in a condo we head to the grocery store our first day and get everything we need for breakfast, lunch, and most dinners for the week, but when we do go out to eat here are some of our favorite places to go Steamers, Peppers Porch {which is a little off the island, but is so worth the drive}, the Salty Dog Cafe, the Hilton Head Diner {open 24 hours} and the Crazy Crab.



If you ever head to Hilton Head Island,
make sure to stop by my blog and let me know how you liked it!

Thanks for having me Kelsey!!
xoxo 
Caitlin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

now all i want to do is head to the beach! it's a good thing the weather is starting to warm up. thanks for sharing hilton head with us, caitlin!! 

if you'd like to share your favorite vacation spot with edbt readers, shoot me an email, i'd love to have you!


4 comments:

Kristina said...

Aw looks beautiful. Yum, steamers! I'm going on my honeymoon in a few weeks. I'll have to email you if you'd like a Tourist Tuesday on Bermuda???

Unknown said...

I love Hilton Head! We used to go when I was younger every summer. Thanks for the post! Now I'm thinking up my mental vacation to HH.

Anna said...

Eeeee!!! I'm going to Hilton Head for vacation on SATURDAY!! And this post just got me even way more excited!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelsey,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Beachwalk in Hilton Head to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you...really like your blog and would really like to work together!
Jane

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)