"And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise"

Wednesday, August 17, 2011


Crystal Cove is this lovely little historic beach that's hidden in the cliffs just north of Laguna Beach.  This little state beach is such a gem and home to my favorite restaurant and dream wedding locale.  To get here, you gotta park on the east side of PCH and walk or hop on the shuttle down to Crystal Cove.

There's little cottages you can rent out, a shop with trinkets and art pieces and old pictures that show the history of the cove, and a stretch of beautiful beach.  The restaurant here is my favorite thing.  The Beachcomber sits right on the beach and serves some of the best food I've ever had.  There's indoor and outdoor seating, but with a view like this one, you gotta sit on the deck.  It's is covered with bright yellow umbrellas and the chairs have blankets draped over the back in case the beach breeze begins to get chilly.  

My mom and I took my grandma for lunch a few weeks back and had such a great time.  My mom and I shared the Apple, Pecan and Blue Cheese Salad and the Blackened Swordfish Tacos - both were equally delicious.  I could have probably eaten it all by myself.  My grandma had the clam chowder and it definitely got her stamp of approval.  Just writing this now is making my mouth water!

And a little tip - if you don't feel like waiting for a table at the restaurant but want to enjoy their food, they have a beach menu you can order from during the summer and enjoy it on your towel on the beach.  Plus, you can even ask for those specialty items at the restaurant if you choose to!


[ post title - song lyrics from "knee deep" by the zac brown band ]

1 comment:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

wow! it does look like a great place to visit, and that salad sounds like it was tasty! xoxo jillian:: don't miss my fishs eddy dish giveaway!

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)