I have been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I am to live where I do. I'm not only lucky that I live in Southern California, but I'm lucky because I have lived here my whole life. So Cal is such an incredible place to grow up and there are so many wonderful things to do and see. I thought it was about time I shared with you 5 of my most favorite things about where I live.
1. The beach. That's pretty much a given though. I mean, isn't the beach the main reason anyone ever comes to so cal anyways? I grew up at the beach and I still live walking distance from it. There's nothing better than a morning run or evening stroll along the beach. And the summers? I would spend every day at the beach if I could. To me, the best time to go to the beach is the beginning of September. That's when the weather warms up and the tourists go home. I get the beach to myself. Pure bliss.
2. The culture. Here in San Clemente, we have this awesome laid back vibe that just fills the air. This little surf town is the epitome of the So Cal culture. The surf history in So Cal is bountiful and lives on through museums and murals and gives the ares so much personality. And not to mention, everyone seems a little happier around these parts. I hear that the beach will do that to a person.
3. The history. The deep history of the Native Americans and Spanish is still alive and apparent. You can see spanish style buildings, old missions, Indian ruins and more. Father Juniper Serra made his way through hundreds of years ago but the mark he left on his way through is still holding strong.
4. The food. You can't find Mexican food that is as good as this unless you are actually in Mexico. San Diego has the best Mexican food ever. So many great restaurants and hidden taco shops. I can't even keep writing about it without my mouth watering. Yum.
5. The snow. Yes, you read that right, the snow! Did you know that in one day in Southern California you can surf in the morning and snowboard in the afternoon? Pretty crazy, huh? We have some great mountain resorts just an couple hours away from us here in coastal so cal. I love being able to take day or weekend trips to the mountains. And now that it's getting closer and closer to ski season, I can't wait to grab my snowboard and head up that mountain.
What about you? What do you love about where you live?
If you live in So Cal and want to come meet some other awesome So Cal bloggers, please join us on November 13th in Del Mar for our blogger meet up! Hosted by Tammy, Olivia, Stephanie and myself. We have some great things lined up - drinks, raffle prizes and sweets!