hi friends!! hope you all are having a fantastic week. since summer is here (where i live, anyways!) i thought i would put together a list of some fun & affordable summer dates for you! i've found that i tend to explore where i live more in the summer since the weather is nicer and there are usually tons of fun community events going on. so here are five of my favorite summer things to do. and dont worry, you don't need a man to enjoy these activities - grab a group of girlfriends for just as much (if not more) fun!
1. baseball game! i love baseball! and to me, there's no better way to spend a summer night than at the game. many stadiums have very reasonable tickets, some even offer standing room only tickets, which won't cost you an arm and a leg. most stadiums allow you to bring in your own food, so pack snacks and bring sandwiches with you to cut down on food cost at the game!
2. concerts in the park! my city holds community concerts in local parks and at the beach throughout the summer. the concerts are free and always a fun time. bring appetizers and wine and enjoy some live music as the sun sets.
3. farmers markets! stroll through your local famers market on the weekend and sample all the fresh fruit and locally grown goodies the vendors are selling. pick up some munchies and have a picnic after you've checked out all the booths.
4. take a hike! if you live in an area with hiking trails nearby, why not throw on your cutest work out clothes and break a sweat together? the hike doesn't have to be grueling, just a fun and easy way to enjoy the outdoors and hopefully some breathtaking views.
5. hit the drive in! check to see if your town (or one nearby) has a drive in movie theater. drive ins are typically much cheaper than going to the movie theaters. pop your own popcorn and pack an ice chest full of drinks to enjoy while you watch the movie. plus, you don't have to worry about pda if you and your man wanna sneak in a little make out sesh in your car mid movie.
another quick tip: check out the community events page in your local paper. there could be tons of events going on in your city or neighboring cities that you'd never know about if you don't check out the paper or the internet. summer is the perfect time to get out, explore and indulge in your city!!