adventure // piggies and pie @ the oc fair

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One of my favorite things about summer is the fair.  Growing up we went to the Orange County fair every summer.  We'd ride the rides until we turned green and eat funnel cakes until we couldn't fit any more in our bellies.  There's something about the fair that I just love.  I can't really put my finger on it though.  The atmosphere just gets me.  Everyone is so happy at the fair.  It's a very electric place.

My favorite part of the fair has always been the livestock area.  I love all the animals.  I could stand and watch them all day long. I also love the farming area, with all the veggies and flowers planted in rows and rows, perfectly labeled and organized.  It inspires me to start a garden of my own.

We had a great time at the fair Friday night. My mom and I took my grandma since she hasn't been in a number of years. She zipped around in her motorized scooter and had a smile on her face the whole time. She even indulged in some bbq ribs and a giant, fair sized donut! We saw a senior lady beauty contest, the ice museum, new born piglets and a pie eating contest. What more could you want from an afternoon at the fair?

3 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

I wish Orlando had a cool fair like this!!!

Cassie Nafziger said...

great photos--so magical! I haven't been to a fair in almost 5 years!!

Fash Boulevard said...

i haven't been to a good fair in a long time. for sure planning a trip to the OC. thanks for another wonderful post.New outfit post. Lunch in Beverly Hills. Would love if you'd check it out. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

If you're not already, don't forget to follow on twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news from an LA stylist.

http://twitter.com/#!/fashboulevard

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)